Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And the gluteny continues...

I have noticed that this year I've spent more money, and calories, then in previous years. Mostly, that's because I've allowed myself these 12 days to eat freely, knowing I will go back to tracking like a good little Weight Watcher come September 6th. And other than the occasional gut ache, I have had no regrets. So far.

Not one of my proudest parenting moment, but remember, she had two apple freezes yesterday.


Best new discovery at the fair: Ultimate Confections. Thanks to Tracy, I am hooked on this little place at the South East corner of the Grandstand. They have wonderful little treats like chocolate covered marshmallows for, get this, 50 cents each! After consuming your body weight in salt, a tiny treat from here is perfect. 


Speaking of salt, the deep fried pickle slices are a must have. Tracy and I get them every year during our "girls' night" and we relish every bite. We prefer the original version, but you can also get them stuffed with cream cheese or with cajun spice. We both wondered outloud how they get them so crispy. Perfect. 


Kids Meal at Giggles. I mentioned this great deal in my previous post, here is a pic. Millie loves this meal and actually eats about half of it, which as you know is A LOT of food for her. It helps that I keep the cookies hostage until she finishes at least one nugget. 


See, almost as big as her head. 



No comments:

Post a Comment